Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

To Kill a Warlock by H.P. Mallory (Book Review)

To Kill a Warlock by H.P. Mallory

Series: Dulcie O'Neil Series#1
Release Date:  January 1st 2010
Pages: 210
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy
Websites: Author Amazon(Com)  Amazon(UK)

Blurb: 'The murder of a dark arts warlock. 
A shape-shifting, ravenous creature on the loose.
A devilishly handsome stranger sent to investigate. 
Sometimes working law enforcement for the Netherworld is a real bitch.

Dulcie O’Neil is a fairy. And not the type to frolic in gardens. She’s a Regulator—a law-enforcement agent who monitors the creatures of the Netherworld to keep them from wreaking havoc in the mortal world. 

When a warlock is murdered and Dulcie was the last person to see him alive, she must uncover the truth before she’s either deported back to the Netherworld, or she becomes the next victim. 

Enter Knight Vander, a sinfully attractive investigator sent from the Netherworld to work the case with Dulcie. 

Between battling her attraction to her self-appointed partner, keeping a sadomasochistic demon in check, and fending off the advances of a sexy and powerful vampire, Dulcie’s got her hands full. 

As the body count increases, Dulcie finds herself battling dark magic, reconnoitering in S&M clubs and suffering the greatest of all betrayals.'

Plot:  Shockingly unique, I was sucked in after chapter one. Dulcie O'Neil is a fairy law enforcer, and no she doesn't have wings. And don't compare her to Tinkerbell. In this book she tries to solve the murders of a ravenous serial killer, with a little help from Knightly Vander(A Netherworld detective). Things suddenly go very wrong very quickly and Dulcie's betrayed by the one she trusted most.

Likes: OH MY GOD. That's all I can say. I haven't been sucked into a book series like this since I discovered True Blood (bad pun, I apologise). Whilst fans of True Blood will enjoy To Kill a Warlock, I think we can all agree that Mallory has created something a little bit better. Let's see I started To Kill a Warlock on Thursday, it's now Saturday and I'm half-way through Great Hexpectations(Book #3) and I have to say I am 100% hooked. 

The main character Dulcie is a fairy(which is quite rare) regulator (even rarer as fairies are generally too materialistic) First off, I love Dulcie. I find her hilarious, brave and bad-ass. She's everything you could want for a Heroine. What I also love is that guys are throwing themselves at her left, right and centre and she's just like 'Sorry but I'm to busy being badass to be held back by you right now.' Yay girl-power!! Despite that we can tell she is beautiful by the way guys throw themselves at her, she has quite a low self image, all because of her ex-a**hole. So yeah, she's got baggage, but that just makes her stronger. 

Then we've got the guys. First and fore mostly I would like to say I've been Team Knight since the beginning, and I refuse to change. Except maybe for Bram. MAYBE. Okay so we have Knightly Vander, Loki (don't ask me what that is! I'm picturing Thor's bro but better looking) detective from the Netherworld, snarky, bossy, funny and cocky. Tall, dark and handsome also. I love Knight, he has some of the best lines in the book, but there's something un-trustworthy about him. I don't trust him. I have a feeling he's got a background. Then we have Bram. Introduce le Sexy vampire. I love Bram, I really do, he puts Dulcie in the most awkward of positions which I find hilarious. He is also tall, dark and handsome. He also is in love with Dulcie but as I said she doesn't really care. Lastly we have Quillan. Dulcie's boss and best friend. But will it turn into something more? You'll have to see. He is also extremely good-looking. I gotta say, I'll have to take a trip to Splendor(where it's set) because with the exception of Trey(poor guy) the place seems to be dripping with beautiful boys. *Wipes drool*.

Dislikes: Can't say I found any faults with the book. 

Verdict: Can't wait to read the rest of the series. I have to say I'm delighted to have found a new series to read :D I'm going to give it a 10/10 PS. The kindle version is currently FREE so go get it, I say!!
SO SO HAPPY.
Fave Quotes: 


"I glared daggers at him, but they just bounced off him 
like water on a freshly waxed car." 

 If you've read this book feel free to link your reviews in the comments :)  Until next time x




0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets