Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (Book Review)

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #2
Release Date:  June 12th 2012
Pages: 418
Genres: Romance, YA, Vampire/Alchemist
Websites: Author Amazon(Com)  Amazon(UK)  Fansite

Blurb: 'Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.
But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age-old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi the fiercest vampires, the ones who don’t die. But it’s her fear of being just that special(magical and powerful) that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else someone forbidden to her.
When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney’s loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.
Should she trust the Alchemists or her heart?'

Cover: I love the covers of these books. There's just something so magical about them. It must be the gold bits. I haven't a clue who the people are. I'm presuming that it's Sydney on the the left and Jill on the right but I could be completely bullshitting. 

Plot: Wow. The plot of this book was far more exciting than the previous, we've got Dimitri, Adrian, Sonya and a couple of other new characters to distract from how much I hate Jill. We've got tonnes of action, but less Sydney in danger and Adrian saving her. Sadness. The plot is really all about Sydney and her new beau, Brayden, who I thought was going to turn out sinister and well I was... Nah not telling you! What I love about these books, is that nothing really important happens until the middle/end which is totally unfair as it makes me want the next book like, right now. Seriously. I'm going to order Indigo Spell.

Likes: I'm not even one hundred per cent sure what happened in this book, but you know what? I don't care. I got a chance to spend time with two of my favourite book boyfriends Dimitri and Adrian! Cried at this quote '“Hello?” he answered. And like that, his face transformed. That fierceness I so associated with him softened, and he practically glowed. “No, no. It’s always a good time for you to call, Roza.”' Whatever the response on the other end was, it made him smile.' Aw Dimitri is so cute and awesome. I loved that Sydney was ten times more badass in this book, even if some of it went against her belief systems.
We've really seen her come out of her shell I think. I
love her clue-less-ness when it comes to Adrian's affection for her. We can see it, the other character's can see it and she is completely oblivious and dates that boring, condescending, slightly sexist, know-it-all Brayden or whatever they call him. Not a fan. I'm so glad that... Hah not happening. Spoiler free zone or whatever.

Dislikes: Jill. She's so god-damn annoying. I'm not surprised someone killed her(IN THE FIRST BOOK *BREATHE* THAT WASN'T A SPOILER) In fact I'm pretty sure I'd at least slap her if I met her. She's so whiney. 'Oh Sydney! I can't defend myself, whatever shall I do?' Join the f*cking self defense class that Sydney and Adrian are doing maybe? 'Oh Sydney! I just have to many admirers. What shall I do?' I know what you don't do. You do not wait until your first boyf goes evil and is killed off before moving on to the next who you'll eventually dump because you feel like you need something new. She was told she wasn't allowed to model and what the hell does she go and do? I mean Sydney's not doing this because she hates her(though she should) it is for her SAFETY. GAH! She just makes me so mad!


Verdict: Loved the book in spite of the fact that I hated Jill. 9/10

Fave Quote: 

BONUS MATERIAL: Fan favourite scene (SPOILERS)

 *Just found out that one of my book buddies(cause I have those now), Kayleigh-Marie over on K-Books loved Bloodlines too! Good taste I say!* If you've made it this far into the review, I salute you! Thanks for sticking around. If you've read this book feel free to link your reviews in the comments :)
Until next time x

0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets