Posted by Tiffy6666 | 0 comments

Grimm (TV Show Review)

Oh my God. I know I don't normally review TV shows and such but this one is worth it. I am absolutely, completely, one hundred percent addicted. It's a great distraction from those pesky summer exams I'm doing at the mo but really I just can't get enough. I'm going to try and give it an amazeballs review without spoilers but if I do have a spoiler I'll put it behind a little show/hide button (SO DON'T CLICK IT IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO DATE) if I do spoil something for you I am deeply sorry!

Grimm
Released: October 21, 2011
Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi.

The Idea: Set in present-day Portland, Oregon, the series puts a new twist on the stories of the Brothers Grimm in which a homicide detective learns that he's a descendant of a group of hunters known as 'Grimms', who fight to keep humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world.

The Title Sequence: In the first season, 'Grimm' didn't actually have a title sequence per-say more of just the title with a creepy little ghost girl that flashes up. But I was okay with that. Then at the start of the second series they brought in this long(ish), over the top, title sequence. Don't get me wrong, the flashes from the show were cool but I think the narrator was a bit much. Thankfully by the end of series two they ditched the narrator and shortened it overall so its actually alright now.

Season 1 title sequence.

Season 2(Shorter title sequence)
Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli)

The Main Character:  who plays Nick Burkhardt  in this series is first and foremost a hottie. I think I am seriously developing a crush. However not only is he a hottie, but he has a hero complex which I adore. He's courageous, kind and clever. Me likey! He's a homicide detective and nothing seems to surprise him.

Monroe(Silas Weir Mitchell)
Relationships: Nick and Juliette() are possibly the cutest couple ever. That's true love for you. Also the bromances between Nick and Monroe() and Nick and Hank(y) are also really important and what makes the show so good.

The Best Friend: I couldn't decide who was the best friend, Hank and Monroe are both pretty good friends to Nick in the series but I absolutely love Monroe. Monroe is just hilarious. He's very witty and uses words such as 'Gnarly' which I think is strange because his profession is as a clock mender. He looks really old-fashioned but he seems to be living very much in the present. I like Hank also, but I just don't think he adds as much to the show as Nick does.

Plot: Okay so I wasn't too keen at the start of series one but by series two... Well let's just say I haven't slept in a few days. I just keep saying 'Just one more episode...' and before I know it, it's three o' clock in the morning and I have exams the next day. It's just that good!! *SPOILER*
Even though the main 'big' plot is unguessable, the 'mini' plots such as murder investigations are slightly predictable. I now find myself guessing who each murderer is at the start of the episode to see if I'm right at the end. (I'm not going to mention the fact that the majority of the time we witness who murders who, so my job really isn't that hard.) This series is action-packed and there isn't an episode where my palms aren't sweating by the end.

Verdict: It's absolutely amazing, addictive as hell. I don't honestly know what I'm going to do when this series ends. Oh the horror! 9/10
*Edit*

If you have a book, TV-show or movie you think I would enjoy, let me know! If I have it or can get it cheaply I'll read/watch it and review it. Thanks! Until next time x 

0 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets