Posted by Tiffy6666 | 2 comments

Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Book Review)

This is slowly becoming a worship site to Jennifer L. Armentrout. The latest book I've read was Obsession and when I say it's for adults only, I mean it. Like 18+. Which I think is a tad unfair to the Lux Series Fans as there are a couple of hints dropped as to what might happen in the upcoming Origin book.

Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux Series Spin-Off
Release Date: May 31st 2013 
Pages: 370
Genres: Adult, Romance, Aliens.
Websites: Author Amazon(Com) (Kindle version NOW ONLY $3.57) Amazon(UK) (Kindle version NOW ONLY £2.36) 

Blurb: 'He's arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.


Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.


Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something...unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life...or is it Hunter?'

Cover: The cover of this book is sexy and steamy. Just a hint as to what went on inside.

Plot: The plot of this book is based around a 23-year old girl called Serena. After her best friend, Mel, witnesses Senator Vanderson's sons 'glow' like something otherworldy, she's blown up. With Serena in attendance. Serena is then placed in a sort of 'witness protection programme' with an Arum named Hunter guarding her. He may be in charge of watching over Serena but he's definitely not protecting her virtue. 

Likes: I had heard great things about this book. There are great reviews from other Lux series fans. I have to say the majority of them were right. If you like the Lux series you'll like this book. The chemistry between Serena and Hunter was unreal, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might have fallen for an Arum! Of all things. There were one or two little suggestions or hints as to what might happen in Armentrout's upcoming Origin, as Hunter and Serena reside in the same world Daemon and Katy do. Oooh those little hints. What is going to happen in this book?? I WANT AN ARC. In fact I'd give just about anything to get one. Damn you Jennifer for creating such amazing cliff-hangers. (J.K. Jen, don't be mad!)

Dislikes: The only thing I disliked about this book was I am unsure, going back into the Lux Series, as to who are the 'good guys'. Are there any? I always thought the Luxen were good, the Arum, well, bad. Is it really just a lesson to us all not to generalize people by their race??

Verdict: I did really enjoy this book. It made my heart pound and my stomach flutter. I think that's a sign of a good author. Jen, I'm obsessed  with you and your books. See what I did there? God, I'm terrible. <3 Final verdict : 9/10.

Fave Quote: “Never in my life had I been more frustrated. Go figure it wouldn't be with a human but a freaking alien. At least I now knew that the male species were asses no matter what planet they hailed from.”-Serena  

Me at certain scenes. You know what type I'm talking about.
 Until next time x

2 comments :

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets